Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Start of Something...

My name is Lauren Loveless and I am not an expert on anything or have a specific agenda in writing this blog. I am a stay at home mom who wants to document life's daily happenings for my family. Why Far from Loveless?? Loveless is my last name and I feel honored to carry it, however, My life is far from love-less. I am not claiming it is perfect, far from it, but in all the good, the bad, and the ugly it is full of a whole lotta love.
I am married to my husband of 7 years! Wow! That sounds like a long time. We have a very energetic two year old JD and a three year old girl, Taylor Jade. She is a typical older sister very helpful and very bossy!
I spent my first two years as a mom as a full time working mom running my own business. I  decided after writing a check to my sister in law, who at the time nannied for us, for 60 hours one week. This was not the life I intended. You would think with a growing business and a growing family I would be loving life. The truth is it all spun out of control and before I knew it, it was not working for us. I am not on either side of the working/ stay at home mom debate and I never tell people which way they should go. I have been on both sides and I chose what I did because it was best for my family at the time. I chose it because my business was all or nothing and the ALL was killing me.
My brother's fiancé was a dream Nanny/babysitter in every way. I used to tell my friends about the countless times I would come home to laundry done, floors vacuumed, not to mention my kids would run screaming with excitement every day when she arrived. I felt like I was missing too much. I felt crazy trying to balance it all and I felt like my husband and I were passing off kids and constantly saying goodbye.
So we made a hard decision. So hard for me. My business was part of my old identity. Something that was part of my life for so long and if I let go of my business it was the last tie that held me to a job, career, sport whatever you want to call it that people thought was cool, respected, and looked up to. I was terrified to not have that anymore. Plus, I knew I was really good at what I did. Of course I mean that in the most humble way. I will admit when I am not good at something but coaching was something I was good at and loved.  I knew people's eyes would glaze over when I told them and they would think of me differently. But when I said I was a professional Wakeboarder for 10 years, I now have my own Wakeboard school suddenly their interest would peak.
Being a stay at home mom felt less glamorous and believe me it is. But after almost two whole years since I closed my business I don't regret it at all! For countless reasons I will get into in more detail I'm sure in future blogs.
One thing that I love about being a stay at home mom is I feel like a jack of all trades, master of none. My days are honestly many times very much the mundane and the same. I mean how many times am I going to wipe down that dang kitchen table! Well, at least 5 x a day. Between 3 meals and 2 snacks and maybe more if play doh is played with or a craft done. By craft done, I do not mean I do them. Not my speciality. But my daughter loves her some "craps" as she calls them.
But, there are things I love like dressing people! Recently we did family photos for Christmas pictures. I got to "style" my own family. It was a blast!!
My daughter's outfit was fully thrifted, even the bow, bracelet, and tights! The tights were Circo (Target) brand still in the original packaging but bought them from a thrift store for $1. The total outfit costing $20 shoes and all. Which are leopard print with a bow, it's hard to see in pictures, that I paid $3.50 for. I know, right!!!
My son was a mix of Target and thrift. Shoes were Old Navy but ALL on sale.
Regardless it was fun! Something I never would have had time for before but found I have love for and get a kick out of.
Here are some of our pictures. Thanks Aren Bane for capturing these moments. I know it will be gone too fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment